Monday, August 30, 2004

"Parking" is a Four-Letter Word

Unlike most of my fellow bloggers, my primary concern for this year has absolutely nothing to do with class. As I see it, my insane class schedule pales in comparison to the anxiety caused by the parking situation here at the glorious University of South Carolina (Though a sentence that lengthy can make one a bit anxious as well!). I have been blessed with the much-coveted Bull Street garage decal for almost four years now, but it will all be in vain as I enter my senior year. Though previous years have been spent in Gambrell and Williams Brice (A mere 25 feet from the garage), this year's classes are to be found in the Coliseum and the Swearingen Engineering Complex (Practically a different zip code). To make things even more interesting, I have 15-minute slots between each class in which to travel from one side of campus to the other. For your average one shower-a-week student, this would pose no dilemma. I, on the other hand, am a firm believer in the power of priss. Needless to say, you will not see me sprinting from point A to point B in 96 degree weather, only to arrive to class looking as if I had just stepped in from a torrential downpour. Instead, I leave my apartment 35 minutes before class starts, then circle one of the aforementioned buildings, praying to see the beautiful gleam of white reverse lights. This intense praying combined with the thought of missing a pop quiz leaves me sweating almost as much as if I had actually tried to walk! Fie freshmen and all of their stupid cars!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great writing!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home