Monday, August 30, 2004

It's a little larger here

So... the school year has officially begun, and summer, as we know it, is once again, 9 months away (*sigh*). You know school is in session when a college student, such as myself, is awake, typing a journal entry at, oh, 7:30 a.m. while running on a mere 3 hours of sleep. (apologies if this blog... well... doesn't run smoothly due to my lack of sleep)

It's week #2 of classes at USC, and let me tell you, it feels like week #493 for me. I transferred from a school of, give or take, around 600 people to this wonderfully populated school of almost 25,000 students. So obviously, I didn't have a hard time at all making a transition....

Yes I did.

It was interesting not being able to leave only 5 minutes before a class and still being able to possibly be the first person sitting down in a class of about 15 students. Here, well, because of East Quad in relation to ALL of my classes, I need a head start of about 25 minutes. Pickens Street is the best getter-upper in the morning. Trekking up that massive hill every morning is... uplifting. Literally. I feel like all the drivers passing me by are in a fit of laughter as they watch me crawl my way up the hill. On the positive side? I hear it gets easier as the year progresses.

I hope so.

So, first journal down, many more to come. Maybe in the next journal, my trek to class will decrease from leaving 25 minutes in advance, to 24 minutes.

--Laura Carver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home