Friday, June 09, 2006

Could you pass me the nine iron?

Did you hear that? In case it wasn't loud enough, that was the glorious sound of me breathing a huge sigh of relief (with angels singing in the background). I've been an intern at Golfweek magazine for officially one week now, and I'm finally sure that I'm on the right path. Despite the fact that I have become painfully aware of my limited golf knowledge, I genuinely enjoy working here. I'm even thinking about learning how to play.

Currently, we're working on a special issue that will be available in September, featuring a college golf yearbook. It's going to cover all NCAA men's and women's golf teams, and we're writing articles to highlight each one in the top 25. There's only one other intern, so we definitely have our work cut out for us. This week we compiled lists of colleges, rosters and phone numbers. Next week we're calling all of the coaches to confirm the information we have. Sounds easy enough, but that's around 500 different people to contact. Hopefully my sanity will remain in tact. It's going to be an interesting summer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Fisher said...

Cool! And I'm jealous, stuck as I am in the bowels of the Coliseum instead of on the course.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home