Monday, November 08, 2004

Eat an oyster

As the holiday's are rapidly approaching I have to be honest with myself. First of all, Thanksgiving break will consist of more than just a Butterball turkey, mom's sweet tea and overindulgence of nana's double covered chocolate and peanut balls. Oh no...this Thanksgiving I have to get my entire future in one massive pile: envelopes, portfolio, addresses and all. I know, I know, easier said than done.

Second of all, I must decide where I will send these massive envelope's. Should I think small businesses? Should I focus on a larger scale? The answer that I am going towards is both; I want everyone in the south to know who I am and what I have to offer. As if we were making a wedding invitation list, my mom and I are going to sit down and compile a list of companies.
As a senior, I often am asked about my experiences with Journalism here at USC. I am often asked if I feel prepared to face the big, ugly world out there. The honest truth is that I don't think anyone is ever prepared, how can one ever be prepared enough? What is enough?

From the words of a US Congress woman, Shirley Chrisholm,
"Be as bold as the first man to eat an oyster."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home