Friday, October 29, 2004

'Nader alley got a blog, too!

A University of Kansas journalism student stopped by to pay us a visit. She offered a link to KU's online producing class blog, which piqued (thank you, Mr. Fisher) my interest. And as I was peeking (again, thank you, Mr. Fisher) through their weblog, I discovered it indeed gave some great insight into the future of online journalism, something I know little about. We've discussed some of the online/convergence-type media in JOUR 325, but it was interesting to read their chronicles of hands-on experiences. A credible site, one similar in format to ours, that I recommend. 3 1/2 stars out of four.

Have a great weekend.
Graeme

2 Comments:

Blogger J.T. MITCHUM said...

It might be worth noting that you have many more than just one KU student watching your site. Your blogging site came up in a class discussion and I think many of us have read through your blog experiences.

I think it would be interesting to take note of the different ways our schools use this type of software. It is just as interesting observing how students 'use' this format as well.

One thing I have noticed so far is that your site seems to be one main blog and a list of contributors whereas we have a main site we call the eHub which shows selected posts from our individual blogs.

It's interesting to me because of the psychology that puts the 'blogger' in. Our main page is selected texts according to what our professor likes while our individual blogs are quite open to our style. Your page seems to be telling the different stories of what it's like to be a student and I'm curious how stories are selected.

Feel free to stop by, and I highly suggest viewing the individual blogs of the contributors. Some are entertaining while others talk very philosophically about the future of this great medium and news in general.

The fact we are posting comments back and forth already begins to highlight some of the most important contributions of this new medium - interactivity.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

I too am from the University of Kansas online journalism class (we are invading your blog). I like what I am reading on your blog. It is nice to see we share some of the same concerns, both in student life (ranting about rude students) and in journalism. It would be really nice to post comments to each others sites to get feedback from like minds. Keep up the good work.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home