Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Goodbye Summer!

It's official. Summer's over. It's been about a month now, and I'm finally starting to get back in the swing of things. I realize it's a little late to be saying that, but the adjustment from spending hours out by the pool to spending hours doing homework was a bit delayed. I blame the weather. Summer weather practically instigates procrastination. Now that the temperature's finally cooling down, it's definitely time to get to work. My most labor-intensive class this semester is probably reporting. With a story and a rewrite due every week, it's not beneficial to put off doing the work...trust me. Writer's block at 2am is not a very enjoyable feeling. Getting criticism about my writing was also kind of hard to take at first. Being a journalism major, however, I'm gonna have to deal with criticism for the rest of my life. Everything I put out there for the public to read will end up being judged. Hopefully I'll be able to accept the bad with the good and learn from it. In the end, I know this experience will make me a better writer, and I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home