Friday, September 24, 2004

College, internships, and sitcoms...

Reading over the past few blogs brings me to take a look at my collegiate life and where it may or may not be going. I woke up one morning and realized that I am a junior with a year or two left before I am released into the world to fend for myself not only in the journalist world but to live on my own as well. The latter doesn’t really bother me, I’m an only child and independence is my forte. The former however sort of scares me. I need an internship for this summer like USC needs a 20 floor centralized parking garage.

I’ve tried nothing and I’m all out of ideas. I don’t even know where to search for an internship. It can’t be that hard to find someone to let me work for free at their station. This kills the possibilities of living the summertime carefree high life in Charleston or Ponte Vedra, FL. Low internship stipends plus high costs of living kills the total profit margin.

Well, I’m starting to get on the right track for school work. The scales of school and fun have tipped in favor of school. Time management has become a big priority of mine which I have been working on for the past month. Wish me luck, I have a short attention span.

I suppose I’ll just sit back and watch Seinfeld reruns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home